Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why I Love Switch Rod


Watching this video, I can't help but think how I love the Switch rods. What is there not to love about it...its a lot lighter than the traditional Spey rod and a lot more versatile. I think it revolutionize Spey casting,  bringing double hand casting to a lot more people regardless of whether they fish flowing water or not.

As demonstrated by George Cook here, limited back cast room, the bane of single hand overhead  casting, instantly becomes no problemo with the use of a switch rod. I regularly fish ponds and lakes with my 4wt 11ft TFO switch and had a blast doing it as back cast room is no longer a concern. This often gives me an edge over other anglers being able to access pockets that are relatively unmolested (Big Grin).

No comments:

Post a Comment